Grapevine fans Great Wolf Lodge will now be able to travel to their favorite water park in another city in Texas. The nationally popular family resort and indoor park will open in Webster, near Houston, on Thursday, September 22.
This will be Great Wolf Lodge’s second location in Texas.
Great Wolf Lodge Texas Gulf Coast will have 532 rooms and, importantly for kids and families, a 95,000 square foot indoor water park and a 58,000 square foot family entertainment center known as Great Wolf Adventure Park. The 27-acre destination, located east of the Gulf Freeway near the Flyway at Clear Creek development, is expected to open in mid to late 2024, according to Great Wolf Resorts’ announcement.
“With millions of families visiting our resort in Grapevine, we know Texas families love the Great Wolf Lodge experience and we are thrilled to introduce our second resort in the Lone Star State,” said Great Wolf CEO Murray Hennessy. Resorts. “A hallmark of Great Wolf Lodge is that we help families build their pack by providing a fun, close, convenient and carefree getaway, and with this new resort, we can better serve families in the Houston and South area. -is parts of the State.
Welcoming visitors year-round, Great Wolf Lodge Gulf Coast Texas will feature a myriad of attractions and amenities for all ages, including:
The resort has a huge indoor entertainment center.Photo courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge
● A sprawling 95,000 square foot indoor water park, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees, with a variety of slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and play areas for all ages. family members, from toddlers and teenagers to parents and grandparents.
● A 58,000 square foot family entertainment center known as Great Wolf Adventure Park. This center will offer a variety of family attractions, including MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live action-adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
● A collection of free family events and activities, including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program that combines tales of creatures found in the Spirit Water Forest with yoga poses, and evening events such as the Great Wolf Lodge’s Hustle & Howl dance party and story time event.
● Multiple dining options that will appeal to a variety of culinary styles from pizza and burgers to upscale meals and high-end ice cream at Wood’s End Creamery.
● Family suites in a variety of categories and styles, including Big Wolf themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for children, designed as a log cabin or wolf den and equipped with bunk and themed beds of the Big Wolf character. The resort will also offer multi-bedroom suites for large families or multi-generational groups.
Area businesses can utilize the destination’s more than 11,000 square feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, integrated A/V technology, customizable catering options and a team of industry professionals. dedicated industry to serve visiting conferences and events.
Families can have fun in 2024.Photo courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge
As well as being a major tourist attraction, the new Great Wolf Lodge outpost will be a boon for employment in the area. An estimated 600 construction and trades workers will be on site each day during the peak of construction. And the complex will provide about 500 full-time and part-time jobs to prepare for the official opening, with positions in management, engineering, IT professionals, lifeguards, security guards customers, housekeepers, etc.
In an effort to integrate seamlessly with the community, the new resort will operate with environmentally responsible practices, including energy and water consumption.
The resort’s location in Webster is the perfect complement to a weekend getaway close to NASA/Johnson Space Center/Space Center Houston, as well as Galveston.
“Tourism is one of Webster’s key economic drivers,” Town of Webster Mayor Donna Rogers said in a statement, “and Great Wolf Lodge is a force multiplier that will attract visitors from a super market regional and global.
Great Wolf Resorts currently operates in the United States and Canada. The company plans further growth: a Great Wolf Lodge in Perryville, Maryland is set to open in the summer of 2023 and a location in Naples, Florida has just opened.